Via this posting, Cara requested my immediate aid in talking about myself. Since I’m an expert in such subject matter, I’ve decided to share with you a few personal nuggets.
1) Post the rules, then list 8 things about yourself.
2) At the end of the post, tag and link to 8 other people
3) Leave a comment at those sites, letting them know they’ve been tagged, and asking them to come read the post so they know what to do.
- I despise Harry Potter. Although I’m a Christian, and there is the practice of magic and witchcraft, that’s not why I dislike the books. I grew up on fantasy novels like Piers Anthony, C.S. Lewis, Tolkien, David Eddings, Raymond Feist, Margaret Weis and Tracey Hickman, Robert Jordan, Ursula K. Le Guin, etc. None of the books of the above mentioned authors have received as much hype as Harry Potter. I believe that any of the authors of these books would have reached the same amount of readers if they had been marketed like Harry Potter. Yes, it’s good that it gets children reading, but there are a lot books out there that have that ability.
- I’m addicted to Gatorade, Powerade, or other such drinks. Every night I go to the local gas station to buy any sort of sports drink. It frees me from the restraints of my apartment or gives me a break from coding for my business.
- I’m of the sinister persuasion (I’m left-handed). I’d say that I probably favor my left hand for most activities. I write, eat, throw, scratch myself, brush my teeth (not directly after scratching myself), bowl, punch, yo-yo, and do other activities left-handed. Even though I use my left hand for most activities, my right hand is not entirely useless. I use a mouse, bat, play the mandolin, and golf right-handed.
- I grew up in East Grand Rapids, Michigan, which is the setting that American Pie is based on. Adam Herz, the script writer, was an alumnus of my high school. Instead of East Grand Rapids, he used the name East Great Falls. There are other references to rival schools and in American Pie II their beach house was located in Grand Harbor, which in probably modeled after Grand Haven, Michigan. Although I’m not entirely thrilled that such a quality piece of American cinema has its roots in my hometown, there’s a part of me that thinks its kind of cool to understand the references. And no, band camp wasn’t entirely like that, but maybe I was a bit naive too.
- If there was a nuclear holocaust, the world ended and I was left with just one band to listen to, it would be Cake. They’re the only band in existence that I can stand hearing over and over again without getting bored. Also, they’re the only group out there that I own their entire musical repertoire of.
- I love music. I’m proficient in the euphonium, didgeridoo, juice harp, mandolin, ukulele, and guitar. At church I sing, participate in the bell choir and jam out in the praise band. Music invigorates me, refreshing my spirit. Without it, I don’t know what I would do with myself.
- My Dad still cuts my hair. The stylists that I’ve been to suck at cutting hair. If I want it really short, they cut it short enough to make it look short, but keep it long enough so that I’ll be coming back to their salon in another week. He’s cheap (free) and does a good job. Unfortunately, I haven’t been home in a while, so I look a bit shaggy. I may have to break and go to a stupid stylist again. Maybe a barber will do what I want them to do…
- I shake. I can remember in Kindergarten when one of my classmates asked me why I shake. I didn’t even notice that until it was pointed out to me. The doctor told me that I have a “benign tremor”, which I don’t totally believe. Just recently a psychiatrist said that it stemmed from social anxiety disorder, which I don’t totally believe either. When I’m nervous the tremors do get more intense, but my body is always in constant movement even when I’m not nervous.
There’s me in a nutshell. Anyway, I call on the powers of Andrew, Will, Ellen, Folio, Amanda, Danielle, Gill and Becky to talk about themselves in great detail, so that I might glean gross amounts of knowledge about them. 😉
[…] Stefan’s Blog called me out. […]
Hey, I have a blog!…
Cross-posted from Will’s site
I have a blog that I don?t update. You can see pictures of my puppy on it at http://curlytops.org/. I find Facebook and Twitter more convenient for keeping people up to date about my doings. (I should just hack the…
Good to see everyone again. Charlie, it’s been a while and your blog leaves several questions as to how I might be able to contact you. I don’t use Facebook and I can’t comment on your page.
I just randomly for the first time in forever logged on here and saw you TAGGED me. I guess i use facebook and myspace more, but i’ll work on this one and post it!